Tuesday, October 7, 2014

For the adventurous souls


The ocean has charmed man for centuries. Its mighty power has held hearts captive in its beauty and destruction. Writers, explorers, sailors, and the average man alike have felt its pull. Like a fickle king it gives out reward and punishment. The sea and boating is my passion. It provides me respite while also constantly challenging me. It is in this balance between relaxation and struggle that I find belonging. On the water, I am home.

This blog is about a topic near and dear to my heart, boating. I’m writing for all the adventurous souls out there that have felt the call of the sea. For those that are trapped in the everyday tedium of life and wish they could escape to a lost time. A golden age of adventurism filled with the likes of Earnest Hemingway, Jack London, and artic explorers. A time when men were allowed to be men and nature still fought back against the march of industrialization. 

So here is to the wild heart inside all of us. May it find the adventure it yearns for and never go silent. I hope this blog filled with personal experiences, salty sea stories, nautical culture, and history brings you happiness. 






1 comment:

  1. I also enjoy the adventure of boating, but have more experience on lakes rather than ocean. It's cool to read about the oceanic perspective.

    ReplyDelete